Conservation of species and habitats?
Global change biology?
Biofuels as alternative energy sources?
Natural resource biology?
Then an Integrative Biology major with a Conservation + Ecology option may be for you. Click here to learn more about the IB option that prepares you for careers in these fields, or check out specific course recommendations below.
Ecology + Conservation Option Courses
- IB 150 Organismal and Evolutionary Biology
- MCB 150 Molecular and Cellular Basis of Life
- IB 202 Anatomy and Physiology
- IB 203 Ecology
- IB 204 Genetics
- IB 302 Evolution
Suggested Advanced Courses
(1 in each of two areas; 4 minimum in total including 1 lab course*)
Area 1 Organismal and Evolutionary Biology
- IB 335 Systematics of Plants*
- IB 362 Marine Biology
- IB 368 Vertebrate Natural History (field labs)*
- IB 461 Ornithology (Birds) (field labs)*
- IB 462 Mammalogy (Mammals) (field labs)*
- IB 463 Ichthyology (Fishes) (field labs)*
- IB 401 Introduction to Entomology*
Area 2 Behavior, Ecology, and the Environment
- IB 361 Ecology & Human Health
- IB 405 Ecological Genetics
- IB 431 Behavioral Ecology
- IB 440 Plants and Global Change
- IB 443 Evolutionary Ecology
- IB 444 Insect Ecology*
- IB 449 Limnology (Aquatic Ecology, optional lab component)*
- IB 451 Conservation Biology
- IB 452 Ecosystem Ecology
- IB 453 Community Ecology
- IB 485 Environmental Toxicology & Health
Area 3 Integrative Anatomy, Physiology, and Molecular Biology
- IB 348 Fish and Wildlife Ecology
- IB 416 Population Genetics
- IB 450 Stream Ecology
- NRES 407 Wildlife Population Ecology
- NRES 420 Restoration Ecology
Consider Environmental Fellows Minor with Capstone Project
* Denotes course with laboratory or field component.
- To learn more about the IB option that prepares you for careers in fields related to ecology and conservation, click here.
- To learn more about other IB advising options for different careers or academic goals, click here.
- To learn more about Integrative Biology careers, click here.
- To return to the For Undergraduate Students home page, click here.