Women In Science (WIS) needs new officers for 2013! We have positions open for both graduate students and undergraduates.
This is a great opportunity to get involved in a growing organization, network with women in other departments and improve your CV!
Nominate yourself or a friend for one of the following positions:
• President: Oversees officer meetings, long-term and event planning for the organization (Grad Student)
• Vice President: Assists the president in planning for the organization (Grad Student)
• Treasurer: Presents the budget at officer meetings and reviews the organization’s finances on a regular basis (Grad Student)
• Secretary: Keeps minutes at officer and general meetings, distributes minutes, and keeps records (Grad Student)
• Outreach Coordinator: Initiates and coordinates outreach opportunities in campus and the community for WIS members to participate in (Grad or Undergrad Student)
• Fundraising Coordinator: Plans and oversees fundraising efforts by the organization (Grad or Undergrad Student)
• Webmaster: Updates the organization’s collegiatelink and facebook pages, advertises events (Grad or Undergrad Student)
• Departmental Representatives: Promote visibility of WIS and participation in WIS in the representatives’ home department (Grad and Undergrad Students—we will be accepting nominations for any department/major in science, technology, engineering or math)
Nominations are open October 11-November 5, and voting will begin at our general meeting at 4 pm on Tuesday, Nov. 7 in the heritage room of the ACES library.
For more information or to nominate yourself or a friend, please email WIS President Courtney Leisner (email@example.com).