We welcome students who would like to earn IB 390 credit to gain experience in laboratory or field work, experienced students who would like to perform independent research (e.g, for a summer internship or for distinction papers), or students who seek work-study employment. We require that students are available to work at least 3 hour blocks between 9 am to 5 pm on weekdays and at least 6 hours per week. If you are interested in joining the lab, please contact Dr. Yang at yangw at illinois.edu.
We will be accepting new students to start in Fall 2019. Prospective students can apply through the Department of Plant Biology, Department of Geology, or the Program in Ecology, Evolution, and Conservation Biology. If you are interested in applying, please email Dr. Yang (yangw at illinois.edu) with your resume and a brief statement of your research interests.
If you are interested in applying for a post-doctoral fellowship or grant to conduct research related to the themes in our lab, please Dr. Yang at yangw at illinois.edu. Archived opportunities from the past include:
- University of Illinois STEM Diversity Postdoctoral Research Associate, Deadline: ASAP in Fall 2015
- National Science Foundation Directorate for Biological Sciences (BIO) Postdoctoral Fellowship, Deadline: November 3, 2015
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Adminstration (NOAA) Climate and Global Change Postdoctoral Fellowship, Deadline: January 8, 2016
- National Science Foundation Division of Earth Sciences (EAR) Postdoctoral Fellowship, Deadline: January 12, 2016
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Postdoctoral Fellowship, Deadline: March 3, 2016