AAP Summer Research Fellowship in Integrative Biology
Application for Summer 2020
Fellowship applications are currently closed for Summer 2020
Now in its 8th year, the AAP Summer Research Fellowship in Integrative Biology offers undergraduate students in the Access and Achievement Program (AAP) the opportunity to explore biological research with faculty, graduate students, and research staff in the School of Integrative Biology. This opportunity is designed for students with little or no research experience. During the summer, fellows will conduct research, attend regular professional development seminars, participate in a summer research symposium, and build their research network.
Goals/Purpose of the FellowshipThe primary goals of this fellowship are to provide students with:
- Hands-on experience conducting cutting-edge research in the biological sciences
- Exposure to the research process and tools used by academic researchers
- An appreciation for the challenges of academic research
- The opportunity to form personal and professional networks with faculty and other students
This fellowship is a 10 week research experience with a paid stipend of $6000 to be paid to student throughout the course of the summer.
Any undergraduate student (undeclared or biology majors; Freshman, Sophomores, or Juniors preferred) who is a part of the Access and Achievement Program is encouraged to apply for this program.
Recipients of fellowship must be able to:
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student in good standing with the LAS Access and Achievement Program
- Students are expected to work approximately 35 hours per week for the duration of the fellowship, and therefore may not enroll in summer coursework or other part-time jobs
- Students must commit to the full 10 week research experience (May 25, 2020 to August 7, 2020)
- Students must attend research lab meetings as required by their research mentor
- Students must attend and present at the Integrative Biology Summer Research Symposium in early-August
- At the end of the fellowship, students must write a brief summary of summer research experience
Questions Regarding Fellowship
Applications accepted from
Fellowship applications are currently CLOSED for Summer 2020.