Undergraduate Academic Advising
The IB Academic Advisors strive to provide undergraduate students with timely and informative advice regarding appropriate course selection, academic strategies, career planning, and professional/graduate school planning. We also endeavor to help guide students’ decision-making processes and foster in our students a sense of ownership of their undergraduate educations.
Academic Advising Resources
To get the most out of your advising experience, we ask that you:
- Meet with your advisor at least once a semester.
- Keep appointments (or call to change or cancel them when necessary).
- Prepare for appointments by researching your concerns and writing down questions.
- Choose your own class schedule before meeting with your advisor to discuss it.
- If you are interested in creating a 4 year plan for yourself, bring a draft to the appointment
- Utilize resources and read all newsletters and emails thoroughly.
- Be open in discussing your experience at Illinois, academic progress, and study habits.
- Keep track of important dates and deadlines for the academic year.
IB Spotlight Newsletter
We send the Spotlight weekly and it’s PACKED with helpful information on academic deadlines, research opportunities, summer experiences, study abroad info, and more!
If you are already a declared IB or Biology major, you are already subscribed automatically to the Spotlight and do not need to sign up again.Subscribe to the Spotlight Newsletter mailing list
Read the iBiology Spotlight newsletter archives
Meet the Advisors
Education:• Ph.D. in Recreation, Sport, & Tourism: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• M.S. in Kinesiology: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• B.S. in Kinesiology: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Best Part of My Job:Helping students navigate the many and varied challenges of the college years. My favorite moment is when a student says at the end of an appointment, “I feel better now!”
Interests:Sports, travelling, beach vacations, home-improvement projects, and spending time with my family.
Education:• M.S in Educational Leadership - College Student Development: Oklahoma State University
• B.S. in Advertising: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign