The IB Academic Advisors strive to provide undergraduate students with timely and informative advice regarding appropriate course selection, academic strategies, career planning, and professional/graduate school planning. We also endeavor to help guide students’ decision-making processes and foster in our students a sense of ownership of their undergraduate educations.
Planning your courses for the next semester?
Please take the following tips into consideration:
- Look up your time ticket as soon as they are released (Typically around Oct 15th for Spring & March 15th for Fall). The time ticket indicates the first time a student can register for the term
- Make an advising appointment early so that you can get in to see an advisor before your time ticket opens for registration and you are prepared to register as soon as you can.
- Run your DARs (Degree Audit Report) to check what requirements you have left.
- Start looking at your course options on course explorer to fulfill last remaining requirements.
- Plan on getting involved in research (IB 390 & IB 490)? Please refer to the research page for additional information.
- If there are no available appointments in the next two weeks please put yourself on the appointment waitlist.