The Lebus Fund Award
School of Integrative Biology
Deadline: February 27th, midnight
The Lebus Fund was established by James Hagan to honor the memory of his aunt, Bertha Lebus.
To provide summer research support for meritorious MS and PhD students at the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in the life sciences and other fields. This award is intended to recognize students with outstanding potential to succeed in their chosen academic field. Multiple awards up to $1,000 will be granted.
- Students must be enrolled in a MS or PhD degree-granting program within the School of Integrative Biology.
- The 2-page, single-spaced, research description should include current research and plans for future research. The research description should include a clear statement of objectives to be accomplished.
- The letter of recommendation from the applicant’s research advisor should discuss the applicants’ potential to succeed in the chosen academic field.
The Fellowship Committee will place strong emphasis on need, on a clear statement of research objectives, and on the promise of the student for a successful career in their chosen academic field in making its decision.
- Each IB Department or Program may submit up to three candidates. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Submit ONLY those items requested under enclosures.