The Isabel Norton Award
School of Integrative Biology
To provide research funding for advanced master's and PhD students for the completion of their thesis or dissertation research. This year, award(s) are up to $1,000. The IB Fellowship Committee may choose to make one award of that total amount or two or more awards of lesser amounts to fund or partially fund more than one application.
- Graduate students majoring in a program of study sponsored by the School of Integrative Biology are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be within one year of graduation from the University of Illinois (MS or PhD program), and the funds requested must be to complete their thesis or dissertation research.
- Applicants must provide evidence for outstanding academic achievement in the biological sciences.
- One or more awards may be made to help defray expenses incurred by students completing their master's thesis or PhD dissertation research.
- Legitimate expenses include but are not limited to payment of costs of supplies or experiments required for completion of research at the University of Illinois.
- Requests for routine research supply costs will be given low priority.
- Grants may not be used to defray ordinary living expenses while attending the University of Illinois, to defray expenses related to meeting requirements for a graduate degree at another university, or for purposes unrelated to academic activities in the biological sciences.
- Applicants should plan to make use of funds awarded in this competition; moderate extensions may be requested in special circumstances.
- Applicants are urged to trim their requests to the minimum to permit maximum utilization of available funds.
Applicants must complete this form and submit all required materials by February 27th, midnight. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.