Advising & Support
Undergraduate Academic Advising
The IB Academic Advisors strive to provide undergraduate students with timely and informative advice regarding appropriate course selection, academic strategies, career planning, and professional/graduate school planning. We also endeavor to help guide students’ decision-making processes and foster in our students a sense of ownership of their undergraduate educations.
Academic Advising Resources
To get the most out of your advising experience, we ask that you
- Meet with your advisor at least once a semester.
- Keep appointments (or call to change or cancel them when necessary).
- Prepare for appointments by researching your concerns and writing down questions.
- Choose your own class schedule before meeting with your advisor to discuss it.
- If you are interested in creating a 4-year plan for yourself, bring a draft to the appointment.
- Utilize resources and read all newsletters and emails thoroughly.
- Be open in discussing your experience at Illinois, academic progress, and study habits.
- Keep track of important dates and deadlines for the academic year.
Meet the Advisors
Education• Ph.D. in Recreation, Sport, & Tourism: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• M.S. in Kinesiology: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
• B.S. in Kinesiology: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Best Part of My JobHelping students navigate the many and varied challenges of the college years. My favorite moment is when a student says at the end of an appointment, “I feel better now!”
InterestsSports, travelling, beach vacations, home-improvement projects, and spending time with my family.
Education• M.S in Educational Leadership - College Student Development: Oklahoma State University
• B.S. in Advertising: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign