Advising & Support
Undergraduate Academic Advising
The IB Academic Advisors strive to provide undergraduate students with timely and informative advice regarding appropriate course selection, academic strategies, career planning, and professional/graduate school planning. We also endeavor to help guide students’ decision-making processes and foster in our students a sense of ownership of their undergraduate educations.
Academic Advising Resources
- Plan next semester at our Registration Preparation FAQ page
- Learn about how we can help on the Advising FAQ page
- Subscribe to and read IB Info and Opportunities Newsletter
- Email us at email@example.com with a quick question
Visit us during drop-in hours 1:30-3:30 pm on Wednesdays
— In-person at 2002 Natural History Building
— Zoom via go.illinois.edu/IBExpressAdvising
Make an appointment
— In-person or via Zoom
- Call us at 217-333-3046
To get the most out of your advising experience, we ask that you
- Meet with your advisor at least once a semester.
- Keep appointments (or call to change or cancel them when necessary).
- Prepare for appointments by researching your concerns and writing down questions.
- Choose your own class schedule before meeting with your advisor to discuss it.
- If you are interested in creating a 4-year plan for yourself, bring a draft to the appointment.
- Utilize resources and read all newsletters and emails thoroughly.
- Be open in discussing your experience at Illinois, academic progress, and study habits.
- Keep track of important dates and deadlines for the academic year.
Meet the Advising Staff
Education• M.S in Educational Leadership - College Student Development: Oklahoma State University
• B.S. in Advertising: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Best Part of My JobWhen I am working with a student and they have that 'Ah Hah!' moment. I love helping students find their passion and what they want to do with their career.
InterestsRock climbing, hiking, biking, baseball, being a dog mom.
Education• M.A. in Education: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
• M.S. in Entomology: University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
• B.S. in Biology: University of Michigan